Our weekly ChessKid tournaments are a great way for kids to get some extra chess practice and represent their school! We'll have two separate tournaments each week:
- Wednesdays 6:20pm ET/4:20pm MST (for students in Virginia, Maryland, DC, and Online Academy students)
- Thursdays 8:20pm ET/6:20pm MST (for students in Arizona and Online Academy students)
These tournaments will run every Wednesday and Thursday (skipping Thanksgiving week) from October 11th to the end of December 2023. We will also be running a Grand Prix competition around the tournament for kids. At the end of the Grand Prix series, we'll have a prize for the top finishers. You can see the pages for those below:
Instructions to join the tournament:
- First, we recommend joining 15-30 minutes before the tournament starts. Kids will not be able to join once the games start.
- Log into ChessKid (you can find your child's ChessKid login on their club welcome email). We recommend using an internet browser instead of the ChessKid app.
- Go to the Play vs. Kid Area on ChessKid
- On the right your child should see the tournament options. Most tournaments will have multiple sections divided by ratings. Kids need to join the section for their rating. (you can see your fastchess rating here). Click on the section for your rating. If you see a section called U-1000, that means "Under 1000" and is for all new players. (See photo below)
- After you click on the tournament section, you should see an orange "Join" button (if you don't see the Join button, you might have clicked on the wrong section). You can join the tournament only in the 30 minutes before it is about to start. Click "Join" and wait for the tournament to start.
- Once the games start, you need to make your first two moves within the minute or ChessKid will abort the game.
- If you have questions about how to join, visit our zoom help room here for assistance! (open Wednesdays from 6-7pm ET and on Thursdays from 8-9pm ET)
Go to the Play vs. Kid area and click on your tournament section:
Have fun and feel free to email email@example.com with any questions!