Online School Break Chess Camps!Regular price $39.00
2024 Camps will be posted soon!
Our online chess mini-camps are a fun way to spend a day without school! Camps have a mixture of live lessons, practice games, and puzzles. Campers are divided by skill so that everyone gets useful lessons and fair games. A few more things to know:
- Ages 5-14
- No equipment required - lessons are online over Chessable Classroom
- All skill levels welcome!
- Maximum of 8 students per group, and each group has its own instructor. Groups range from learning the rules to strong tournament players.
Typical schedule for the day:
- 9:30-9:40 Introductions, chat, get to know each other
- 9:40-10:10 Lesson
- 10:10-10:45 Practice games and possibly student game analysis
- 10:45-11:00 Break
- 11:00-11:25 Lesson
- 11:25-12:00 Practice games
How are students grouped?
We group students by skill as best we can. For students who've done prior online chess activities with us, we'll use their ratings, and make groups that are as close together in skill as possible.
What does a lesson look like?
What equipment do we need? Do we need a chess board?
Just a laptop or tablet that can open chessable.com. Once you sign in to Chessable, you'll need to allow the site to use your audio and video, just like with zoom. Do not use the Chessable app.
Who's teaching the camp?
We have a bunch of teachers at each camp, but you can see some of our team here.