Five Reasons to be excited Anish Giri's visit
On Wednesday, 11/24, from 1:30-2:30pm EST, Anish Giri is visiting our club! He's going to walk us through a few of his best moves and then play a simul with Silver Knights students who qualified either through our Wednesday evening tournaments (for current students) or our online camp that day (for anyone).
Who is Giri and why is this so exciting? Here are five things to know:
1. He's one of the youngest grandmasters ever, and became a grandmaster at age 14.
2. He's currently the 7th highest rated chess player in the world, and has been rated as high as 3rd.
3. He was one win from qualifying for the world championship match which starts on November 26th.
4. He's beaten everyone, including world champion Magnus Carlsen (in 22 moves), challenger Ian Nepomniachtchi, and former Silver Knights guest (and best female player of all time) Judit Polgar.
5. He's going to be a ton of fun! He's really popular on youtube, for good reason.
For current students, we'll email you information about how to join. If you're not a current student, you can either join the camp that day or join our online club!
We look forward to meeting and learning from Giri.
Leave a comment